Saturday, October 31, 2009

Meghan's 3rd Birthday





Meghan turned 3 on October 9th. She wanted an orange party. That's right - an orange party. That's Meghan for you. Bright orange is her favorite color, and it fits her personality very well. She is very THERE. Loud, brash, not easily ignored. But also lots of fun and never boring! We had our families over for pizza and cake, and Meggie got lots of orange presents. At least her birthday is in October when it is very easy to find orange party supplies and gift bags! :)


I think her favorite presents were the orange fleece blanket Grandma Wood made her and the orange tutu and ponytail holder that were in the orange gift bag from Grandma Sharon and Pop-Pop.

It is awesome that my kids get to grow up around both sides of their family. Our house is far too small for all of the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins that we invited, but we wouldn't have it any other way.


Meghan is a force to be reckoned with. I have no fear that she will be overly influenced by peers or school or television or anything other than herself. She is very sure of herself, extremely imaginative, smart as a whip, and super cuddly and loving. She has taken me put of my comfort zone numerous times as a parent, and I think I am a better mom because of her. I don't know where she gets her extroverted personality, but it a lot of fun to watch it develop. We are challenged and grateful and blessed to have her as a daughter. Love you, Magpie!

No comments: