Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March Madness





Earlier this month, we went to the Draper Temple Open house. It was a neat experience, and the kids behaved pretty well, for the most part. Other than when the lovely temple matron was talking about the joy of eternal families and children in the sealing room, while Meghan was yelling, "Done? Leave now?"Oh well, we enjoy being a source of amusement for others.




Ethan's 6th birthday was March 10, and he had an Indiana Jones party. Twenty kids came. Yeah, you heard me. 20. He had a blast. It cracks me up that he is in this Indiana Jones obsession phase, as he has never seen the movies. Yet, due to the Lego Indiana Jones video game, he knows every character (including the really obscure ones), and makes up his own adventures. He's usually Short Round. Annie is Marian. Meghan yells that she is Short Round, and gets in a fight with Ethan. This happens about 5 times a day.


And now, excuse me while I get a little misty, not quite believing that my baby is 6. He is a great kid - very loving and generous (even with his sisters most of the time), super smart (already reading chapter books on his own), and sensitive to other people's feelings. He's also creative and a lot of fun. I kinda like him. I couldn't ask for a better son. Even if he does run around our house with a whip most of the time.


Now a few pictures from this month simply because they amused me.

Chubby-cheeked Gracie


Meghan, going full-throttle as always

Static-hair Annie

Until next time...

5 comments:

Kari said...

I still think you are crazy to have 20 kids over. I go crazy when Will and Lucia are both here. We still need to come up and visit. If it would ever decide to stay spring it would be fun to let the kids run around outside together.

Turpin Times said...

Your kids really are cute. And Ethan is smart. I remember thinking that when we did preschool with the boys.

Sue said...

Ethan is reading chapter books on his own? Damn. He is smart. I love those kids. They're always a crack up. :)

Kris said...

Awww. thanks! He's too smart for his own good. :)

Sharon said...

I have the most beautiful, talentedl, smart, funny and loving gradkids in the whole world.
They get all that from me. :-)