Saturday, March 21, 2009

So, I've caved and decided to start a blog. I am just another drone.

No, I really want another way to document things for my kids. I have all the best intentions of scrapbooks and baby books that never seem to fully come to fruition. I hope this will be a good way to start keeping better records of the things we do in our regular daily lives.

I'll use this first post to talk about a proud mommy moment. I was riding in the car with Meghan, listening to the radio, and a Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi came on. At the end of the song, Meghan tells me, "Mommy, that's GREAT music!" I swear a little tear of joy rolled down my cheek, and I became choked up that my daughter is obviously a musical prodigy who recognizes the sheer fabulousness that is Bon Jovi.

On other topics, Annie has yet another one of her fevers. For those of you who don't know, Annie has a syndrome called PFAPA, which basically means she gets periodic high fevers for no known reason. They used to come about once a month, but as she gets older they have decreased in frequency, until one day, probably by about the time she is 12, they will go away completely. They have gotten as high as 107 - 108. They are never fun, but when the Motrin brings the fever down, you would never guess that she was sick. This one started on Friday, and I'm hoping it will be gone by tomorrow and we will all make it to church. The longest an episode has lasted is 12 days, and the shortest has been 36 hours. I've decided that she just does it for attention. :)

Anyway, that's my first blog post. I hope it offered you an insight into the ongoing excitement that is life in the Wood household. I will keep you updated on all our happenings!

6 comments:

Sue said...

Yay. Welcome to the club. Well...I suck lately at doing my blog, but still--welcome!

Sharon said...

Cool page. Bon Jovi rocks and so does Meghan. Now a little ditty about Annie. I was driving down to Sue's with Annie and Meg the other day and was listening to an oldies station (since when is the 80's considered oldies?). Anyway, I was rockin along with Bruce singing "Dancing in the Dark", when Miss Annie pipes up with "Grandma, could you PLEEEEEEAZE turn that OFF? I was aghast to say the least. What? Turn off Bruce? Moi? I don't think so. Luckily it was almost over and I turned it down until it was finished. I must have a serious talk with Annie about good music.

Kris said...

Yeah, Annie hates boy singers. She thinks anything sung by a boy is bad.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, your child is a genius!!! Bon Jovi is the greatest, well aside from you, of course! :)

Turpin Times said...

Hope Annie gets feeling better soon.

Kari said...

Welcome to the drone world. I also figure this format is going to be the closest thing to a memory book I will have for Will. Meghan is a pretty smart girl. Wouldn't it be awesome someday to take our kids to the same concert we went to?