Meghan has an imaginary friend. For almost a year now, she randomly refers to her friend Coco, who is a little boy with red hair. He is 2 years old like her. Yesterday, he drove a train. Today, he is painting.
The older kids think this is hilarious. They will ask her what Coco is doing or where he is. Meggie always has an answer, as she does for everything.
I also had imaginary friends when I was little. Their names were Mona and Peter (characters on General Hospital at the time - thanks, Mom), and they lived in my stomach. I would lift up my shirt to talk to them. When my mom noticed I hadn't talked to them in a while, she asked where they were, and I told her they moved to Panama City. So instead of worrying about my child's sanity, I choose to find it charming that she plays with an invisible red-haired boy named Coco.
One day, I will notice that she hasn't talked about him in a while, and he will become a cute story I tell to embarrass her. But until then, I will enjoy my creative child and her buddy, Coco the 2-year old engineer/painter.






2 comments:
Megan kicks ass. Period.
Hahaha, Celeste (my 8 year old) had an imaginary friend named Goliath when she was about 2-3. Goliath went EVERYWHERE with us, and had to be buckled in the car, which I didn't always have time for. One day she told us that dad shut the door on Goliath's head and he was dead now. Haven't heard about him in 5 years, but he showed up yesterday. Guess he got resurrected. Tee hee. Kids are so cute.
Post a Comment