Monday, April 27, 2009

Miscellaneous

Just a few random updates....

Ethan is almost done with kindergarten. I can't believe it! I am not excited for him to be gone all day next year, but he loves school, so that makes me feel better. He's playing soccer right now, and T-Ball starts in a couple of weeks. He's decided that he doesn't want to play soccer again next year, but he wants to take swimming lessons. I can't wait for summer - I'm hoping that the birthday parties die down a bit. He averages 3 a month - no joke! I don't remember going to that many when I was a kid. Maybe nobody liked me....:)

Annie will be going to 2-day a week preschool again next year. We considered having her tested to go to kindergaten since the cut-off is September 1, and her birthday is the 24th, but decided against it. She is reading very well, almost on the same level as Ethan, but we figured if she's doing that on her own right now, one more year at home will just get her even better at it. She's super excited to play soccer next year, and I have a hunch she'll be pretty competitive (dry humor). I'm just glad I only have to go to one game every Saturday.

Meghan, aah Meghan. Where to begin with Meghan. We love her. She thinks she's 14.
"Can I play Nintendo?"
"No, Meggie."
"But I'm big!"

"I go to Grandma Sharon's?"
"Not today, Meg."
"But I'm big!"

She throws the biggest temper tantrums (just ask her nursery teachers) and has no desire to clean up her toys or listen when told no. But she also gives the biggest hugs and forgives the most readily. I feel bad that she often has to forgive me for losing my patience with her.

Gracie is getting bigger by the day. She still wants to be held only by me most of the time, but I remind myself that it will pass all too quickly. It seems like yesterday that it was Ethan that I was worrying about when to start solids and how on earth I could get the grocery shopping done with this child (if I knew then what I know now!). One day she will be too embarrassed to let me hug her in front of her friends, and I will be wishing for the time when she wanted nothing more than for me to hold her for hours. She is rolling everywhere, and tries to grab anything in front of her - hair, glasses, food. And people have just gotten used to the sight of a baby attached to me everywhere I go. :)

That's all for now, folks!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Meghan makes me laugh every time I look at a picture of her. She has that effect on me. And Annie is going to kick butt at soccer. Too bad we don't live closer. We were thinking about getting Zarek swimming lessons as well, and he and Ethan would have fun doing them together (provided we could keep Zarek from instigating him...) And we need to let Gracie and Adelynn roll around on the floor together. :)