Friday, February 19, 2010

MOMS Club Stuff

I've been feeling guilty lately. When Ethan was a toddler, and Annie was a newborn, I joined our local MOMS Club. I was extremely involved, serving on the board as president, and later on, secretary. The kids and I went on field trips and playdates all the time. I met several of my best friends through MOMS club, and our kids grew up together. I stayed pretty involved when Meghan was a baby, but by the time Ethan entered kindergarten, I was feeling a bit burnt out and disenchanted with the leadership, so I haven't gone to a whole lot. I feel badly that Meghan and Gracie haven't had the same experiences I gave to the older kids, so I decided to consciously try to go to more activities.

In the past few weeks we've gone to the fire station:



The post office (where I didn't take any pictures - I know, unbelievable, right?!)


And a Valentine's Day party at my friend Carrie's house:

I think it will be good for them, and good for me, too. I'm the type of person who tends to spend a bit too much time at home. :) Having a plan and a place to go forces me out of that rut.

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

what is the moms club and how do you get involved??

Kris said...

Hey Kaitlin-

MOMS Club is an organization for stay at home moms.It's divided into chapters, so we are with Ogden, No. Ogden, West Haven, Hooper, Morgan, and a few other towns. We have play dates, field trips, moms night out, etc. The dues are $20 a year. You can find out more about the Weber County South chapter at http://sites.google.com/site/momsclubweber/

Let me know if you have any other questions!