Saturday, May 8, 2010

Star Wars Birthday

Young Jedi Ethan had his birthday party on March 13th. I don't think it will surprise anyone that he had a Star Wars party. He's pretty convinced that he is the second coming of Luke Skywalker. He's got some awesome light saber moves.


So here's a recap of the party:




Freaking awesome light saber cake that I'm pretty sure makes me the coolest mom ever. It should. It took FOREVER. And thanks to my long-suffering husband, who went to Wal-Mart at
11pm the night before the party when I ran out of frosting.



Light saber training for the young padawans by Master Jedi Aaron. I made the light sabers out of pool noodles and duct tape. Just call me MacGyver.




The whole crew.

The Darth Vader pinata. The thing felt like it was made of concrete. It had the ribbons on the bottom to pull and release the candy, so I thought, "Hey, I'll just let them whack it a few times each with foam light sabers. It'll never break." One whack, people. One. Ethan busted that thing open like it was nothing. Told you he had some skills with a light saber.

I also ripped off some stuff from Ethan friends', Blake and Grant's, Star Wars birthday party the month before (thanks, Mindi!). Star Wars Bingo was from that. The tunic Ethan's wearing - all Mindi. I'm all about plagiarism. It makes parenting much easier.

And so the saga ends.... for now.

No comments: