Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bookworms

I have to take a moment and brag about my kids. Ethan read 7 chapter books in one afternoon the other day. SEVEN! He started reading after school and didn't stop until bedtime, around 8:30. They were the Junie B. Jones books, which each have between 70-100 pages. He didn't just read seven chapter - he read seven BOOKS! Amazing.

Annie is also reading chapter books on her own now. She really enjoys the Rainbow Fairies series. Her preschool teacher is very encouraging of it. She allows Annie to read books to her class, and she is allowed to read her chapter books during free play and outside time if she wants. She has to bring them from home since the preschool doesn't have any chapter books. :)

1 comment:

Turpin Times said...

Good work Ethan! I think reading is so great.

My boys loves the Junie B. Jones books too and the Magic Tree House books. (They were soooo excited to get those from Ethan!)

I think that is amazing how much Annie is reading.