Saturday, January 22, 2011

Still by Gerrit Hofsink

I added this gorgeous song to my playlist. There are a few songs that have really helped in my my healing since losing Luke. This is one of them. These are the lyrics:

I've been waiting for you for such a long time
You're always on my mind
And I'm laying awake most of the night
Waiting to hold you tight

Now that I do, and look at you
My heart is breaking, this can't be true

Lost you before I found you
Gone before you came
But I love you just the same
Missed you before I met you
On Earth we never can, but in heaven we'll meet again


Close to my soul, close to my heart
Right from the start
Lost in time, lost in space
Can't wait to see your face


Now that I do, and look at you
My heart is breaking, this can't be true


Lost you before I found you
Gone before you came
But I love you just the same
Missed you before I met you
On Earth we never can, but in heaven we'll meet again


Sometimes I find myself wondering what to do
With this pain that I'm going through
But I know one day, God will take me away
And I'm coming home to you


And when I do, and look at you
My heart is healing, I know it's true


Lost you before I found you
Gone before you came
But I love you just the same
Missed you before I met you
On Earth we never can, but in heaven we'll meet again
In heaven we'll meet again.

My next few posts are going to be the lyrics to a few other songs that have spoken to me. If you have a few minutes, listen. Maybe they'll help you understand what someone who has lost a baby to miscarriage or stillbirth is feeling.

No comments: