Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Christmas Morning

One of my most vivid memories after coming home from the hospital after having Luke is wrapping Christmas presents. I was very much still in shock, and I just remember thinking that the presents had to get wrapped, and everything was so overwhelming, but I did it. I just sat down and wrapped presents until midnight because it had to get done. I'm glad the kids were able to have a semi-normal Christmas. That was my focus, and I think it's why I was able to get through. I didn't really break down until the day after Christmas, which was probably a blessing.

Our stockings

The tree and all the presents on Christmas morning

Gracie loved her Barbie and unicorn Pillow Pet from Santa.

Ethan scored legos and Star Wars toys. Santa brought him a bumblebee Pillow Pet.

Meghan got lots of art supplies, and Santa gave her a cardboard playhouse that she can color on.

Annie wanted My Little Pony toys, and Santa brought her the Tinkerbell Pixie Power Playset.

You know, I really am proud of myself. I don't remember a whole lot about the day, but the kids had fun, and everything that needed to be ready was ready. I made it through, and that was good enough for then.

No comments: