I cannot BELIEVE that Ethan is eight. I am kind of struggling with it. I think it would have been easier if I was having another little boy any day now, but knowing that I might not get to experience all the little boy things again is tough. I'm proud of the young man Ethan is becoming. He is smart and sensitive and funny and dorky and cool. I love the kid. I just wish he wasn't growing up so darn fast.
His baptism is in two weeks. I made the invitation in a trial version of photoshop elements, and then when I got them printed, it cut off some of the writing. I tried to get back in to edit it, but since it was a trial version, it wouldn't let me. So I had to run over to my neighbor's house (thanks, Kaitlin!), and edit it on her computer using her photoshop. I really should get my own photoshop, but dang money. I can't barter for it using my good looks, daggummit.
Here are some of the other pictures I took. Ethan looks so old in them! Thanks to my friend Mindi for the location idea. She told me about a rock church in Kaysville, and it was perfect.






Aaron and I got him a set of scriptures for his birthday, and he loves them. He wanted them in every picture. I did convince him to take some without them. He wants to wear his suit to church every week now, but I'm making him wait until after his baptism since he tends to be a bit hard on clothes. I pretty much have to buy him new sneakers every other month. I got the suit off KSL for $20. Pretty snazzy, huh?! It came without a tie, though. I found that at Macey's. Not the department store, the grocery store. Really.I'm going to save most of the sappy stuff for the baptism post in a few weeks, but truly, I couldn't ask for a better son. He's just a GOOD person. He cares about other people. I'm proud to be his mom.

3 comments:
that is a great location for pictures...he's so cute...i know you're not supposed to say that about a boy, but he is. also, i had NO idea that grocery stores sell ties!!! the quilted bear has cute boy ties, too :)
He sure does look spiffy in that suit!
Dang, he's cute!! You do nice work, Kris :)
Post a Comment