Friday, June 3, 2011

Chuck E. Cheese

As a celebration of the last day of school, we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese.  There was a really good Groupon for a large pizza, 4 drink and 100 tokens for $19.99.  We can't even usually feed our family going out to eat for $20, never mind that plus playing games. I'll be honest - I was kinda dreading it.  Chuck E. Cheese is not my favorite place.  But we had a surprisingly good time.  We went late in the afternoon on a Friday, so it was pretty empty - not crazy like on a Saturday afternoon.

I love this picture because it caught Gracie doing one of her strange habits.  She purses her lips and plays with them by running her finger over them again and again.  She also plays with her belly button the same way.

Gracie didn't want me to take a picture of them eating.  Meghan is not in the picture because she is the only child in the United States of America who doesn't like pizza, so she ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before we left the house.






Annie was seriously cracking me up with this.  There is a blue screen that you can stand in front of and you appear on every TV in the place.  She was really into it.  She spent about 45 minutes just watching herself on TV.

Chuck E. Cheese himself came around and gave out tickets.

chuckecheese 8
Gracie didn't want to do many of the little rides, but she asked to go on this one.  She was a bit wary.

chuckecheese 14
Ethan having his turn with the blue screen.

chuckecheese11

chuckecheese 6

chuckecheese 5

It was really fun.  Yay for groupons!

1 comment:

Christine said...

I bet your kids will remember that forever! We got the same Groupon a while back and I remember thinking the same thing. I dread Chuck E Cheese's, but it wasn't so bad.

I agree. Hooray for Groupon!