Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Birthday/ America West Heritage Center

I turned 35 on August 19th.  Birthdays have never really bothered me as I've gotten a bit older, but 35 really got to me.  I think it has to do with the fact that I thought I'd be in a different place in my life at 35.  Done having kids, out of debt, a bit more secure.  But I guess that was my plan, and I suppose the Lord has different plans for my life.

Anyway, my birthday itself was fun.  Aaron took a few days off work so we could fit in some last minute activities with the kids before school started.  And I don't usually get much for my birthday, but this year I got an Ipod Touch, and I love it.  I waste far too much time on it. And I got my favorite cake, which I only get on my birthday because I will eat way too much and it has about a billion calories.  It's a copycat recipe for the best restaurant dessert ever, Olive Garden's Chocolate Lasagna.  Stupid Olive Garden discontinued it, as Aaron found out when I was 8 months pregnant with Annie, and it was all I wanted in the world.  He went to get it for me, and they said they didn't have it anymore.  Poor Aaron told the lady, "You don't understand. My wife is 8 months pregnant, and she wants this cake. I CAN'T GO HOME WITHOUT IT!!!"  But he did, and I'm sure I was as gracious as I always am when I am 8 months pregnant and someone interferes with my food.  So we found a copycat recipe online, and he makes it for my birthday.  The frosting is like a pound of butter with some powdered sugar, hence only eating it once a year.


We went to the American West Heritage Center again since we enjoyed it so much last time.  They were having a Celebrating the West festival, so there were a few extra activities going on.

Everyone got to throw tomahawks, including Gracie this time (with lots of help).

america west 17

america west 18

america west 11




america west 13
Gracie also rode a pony this time, which she refused to do last time.

We got to ride on a trailer pulled by some kind of rare steam engine.  I'm sure Aaron could explain it better.

america west 12
The kids got to pan for gold.

america west 10
And we all got to try to make the whip do that cracking sound.  Only Aaron was sucessful.

america west 9

america west 8

america west 7

america west 6

america west 1

america west 4

america west 3

Happy birthday to me.  May 35 be one heck of a lot better than 34.

No comments: