Aaron and I took the kids to Bear Lake this past weekend. I have to say, I was surprised at how much fun we had. Not exactly relaxing (taking 4 kids 6 and under anywhere cannot, by definition, be relaxing), but we really had a great time. We stayed at a cabin at the KOA. We got there Friday afternoon and just spent the evening getting settled in. There was a playground, miniature golf, a train ride, and a swimming pool all at the KOA, so we had plenty to keep us amused.
We spent most of Saturday at the beach. We went to North Shore Beach, which is in Idaho, about 20 minutes from where we were staying. It was a perfect beach for kids. We could drive right up to where we set up our stuff, and the water stays shallow. Ethan walked out a good 150 feet, and the water was still only up to his shoulders. I was worried about how Gracie would do, but she loved it! She didn't relly care for the water, but she had the time of her life in the sand. That night there was a hayride at the KOA, and the kids went on the jumping pillow, which is like an inground trampoline. I don't know how they lasted for all of this - Aaron and I were exhausted!






4 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun stuff. I might have to take Will there some time.
LOL Gracie at the Beach is my new favorite picture.
My goodness you are brave driving that far with 4 kids. But awesome. I'm glad you guys got away. I'm jealous!
K-- that little Gracie is the cutest thing I have EVER seen! Holy moley, she's darling. Looks like you have a lot of fun being a mom. I am glad you have a blog so I can get caught up!!
Post a Comment