Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Eve


We had a wonderful Christmas Eve. Aaron and I invited our parents over to have dinner at our house, so our kids had both sets of grandparents there, which was really cool. We ate lots of yummy food - ham, funeral potatoes, homemade rolls - and then we did our traditional birthday cake for Jesus for dessert. It's a tradition that we did in my house growing up, and I always liked it, so we've continued it with our kids. It's a little reminder of what the day is really about in the midst of the chaos and fun. We sing Happy Birthday, and the kids blow out the candles. It was nice to have both sets of grandparents there to participate.



The kids usually get new pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve. I was actually going to forgo it this year since it was an unnecessary expense, but my mom bought all the girls theirs, so I only had to buy Ethan's. Go Mom!


It was a really nice evening. I loved spending time with our parents, just our little family. We don't get to do that very often, and the kids loved having their grandparents' undivided attention!

No comments: