Saturday, October 23, 2010

Utah State Fair

The Utah State Fair - one of my very favorite traditions.

Posing with the St. Francis statue - Grammy would be proud.

Can I just tell you what a test of my mothering skills Little Hands on the Farm is? It's been there for years, and we've gone ever since Ethan was about 2, sometimes more than once a year. It is always the same exact thing. And now I have to herd 4 kids through it. I HATE IT. It's boring and crowded and hot. Ugh. The kids love it. I tolerate it because I have to. Where's my Mother of the Year award?

hands on the farm

All my kids stick their tongues out when they are concentrating. See Megs above and Annie below. Ethan was doing it, too, but I didn't manage to catch it with the camera. They get it from my mom. This was in this cool science display with interactive games and toys they had for the kids. Much better than Little Hands on the Farm. :)


Awww.

Gracie at the Science display.


Ethan LOVED this Knex display. That and anything having to do with Legos were his winners of the day.

The World Famous Butter Sculpture. Mmmm- butter.


Cool apiary display. That's a bee yard. Bet you didn't know that. See, I teach on my blog, too.

More science-y stuff.


The kids love those things you stick your heads through for pictures. I humor them.

There were some Japanese students who wrote the kids' names for them. Pretty cool.


Treats at the fair - caramel apples and funnel cakes. Mmmm - funnel cakes.

The end of a long and happy day.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Looks much better than our county fair, maybe next year we need to make the trek up to the state fair. Will sticks his tongue out when he concentrates too. It runs in my moms family so guess he has it on both sides :)

And I will give you a mother of the year award!!