Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Costumes Pictures

I took the kids' pictures in their costumes a few days before Halloween - more Halloween posting will follow later after I get those pictures loaded on to my computer.

Ethan was Luigi from the Super Mario Brothers video game. He gave me a few options this year, which was nice. He originally wanted to be Rebel Scout from Star Wars, but I couldn't find a costume. The he wanted to be Luke Skywalker, but that costume was too expensive. So then he said he wanted to be either Jango Fett or Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars, or Luigi. Luigi was cheapest, so there you go.




Annie was Tinkerbell. I offered to make at least part of her costume, but she pretty much looked at me with disgust and said she wanted one "from a store". Fine, then, you little stink. I didn't feel too bad for her when she was upset that the other girls had tutus and she didn't.





Meghan was a, to quote her, "nice witch". I talked her into it. "You want to be a witch for Halloween, don't you Maggie May?" "Wouldn't it be fun to be a witch for Halloween, Meggers?!" I think she took pity on me when she finally conceded that, okay, she would be a witch, but only a nice witch. I found the hat, tights, and shirt at Wal-Mart for cheap, and I made the tutu. Easy peasy, and inexpensive. I'm pretty sure this is the last year I will have any say in her costume, and I just think this cute witch was perfect for her.




Gracie was a rock star. He he - I love when they get absolutely no say about what they are going to be for Halloween - that's when I really have fun! My mom had her shirt made, I found the leggings at Target for like 3 bucks, and I made her tutu. I bought glittery hairspray to dye her hair pink, and I spiked into into a fake mohawk. (I hate the word fauxhawk, and I refuse to use it. Oops - I just used it, didn't I?) She looked great, and I have pictures to embarrass her with in the future.



The kids' cousin, Will, was at my mom's when I went there to take pictures. His firefighter costume was at his mom's house, so he ran and put on his camo sweatsuit so he could be an army man and be in pictures. Cute, huh? You can tell they are cousins in this picture.


1 comment:

Turpin Times said...

Your kids all looked cute, but my favorite was Gracie!