Saturday, July 16, 2011

Our Trip to Heber

Aaron and I got away for desperately needed weekend to Heber.  We went there because of a barbeque competition, which turned out to kind of be a bust, but the rest of the weekend was a blast.  We stayed at the place that was hosting the competition, and there were a bunch of concerts right outside our door.  Kinda fun.

We stayed in a yurt.  It's like a little cabin with one large room and a bathroom.  It was cool. And when I say the concerts were right outside our door, I mean that literally.  They were in a field right on the other side of our van.  It was country music, and nobody we'd ever heard of, but they were pretty good, and they didn't play too late.

There were also cabins and campgrounds where we stayed.  This is the view from some of the cabins.  Nice!

heber 3

heber 4
A funny painted rock outside our door.

We went into Park City and did the Alpine Coaster, Alpine Slide, and zip line at Park City Mountain Resort. I didn't want to take my camera up there, so I didn't get any pictures.  So I took these off the internet.  They were all definitely worth the money, but the Alpine Coaster was the best!  It is a roller coaster built into the side of the mountain. Way fun!


The Alpine Slide was pretty fun, too.  I think the kids would like it.

#evoconf park city mountain resort Alpine Slides

And zip lining was awesome.  Expensive, but worth doing once. It was a lot more scary anticipating it than actually doing it.

It was so nice to have a weekend away with my hubby.  Reminds me that I like him a little bit. :)

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! We did the Alpine Slide/Coaster stuff last year but I was pregnant so I didn't go. So glad you could get away with your hubs. Those breaks are the best!!