When I first lost Luke, I felt very alone. One of the things I did to remedy this was look almost obsessively at blogs of other people who lost babies (and I still do occasionally). There were a few that I immediately felt a kinship with, even beyond both of us having lost babies. One of those was Kate. I have an awesome blog post about meeting her coming up, but for now I'll just post this. Kate's daughter, Elsa, was stillborn at full term in August 2009. She asked all her friends to have a tea party in Elsa's honor. So we did. We even had a few guests. My nephew, Will, and our neighbor, Iva, joined us.
First we made sugar cookies (because what is a tea party without cookies?!!):
And then we served them with raspberry herbal tea, which some of the kids loved, and others hated.
And we talked about how we were doing this for a little girl named Elsa, who is playing up in heaven with Luke. Because I bet they are. Happy birthday, Elsa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment