
One of the best parts of our trip to Vegas was getting to have lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in almost 20 years. Way back in the 9th grade, I lived in Del Rio, Texas. One of my best friends was this guy - Chris Saldana. We had almost all of our classes together, and we just got along really well. We have stayed in touch all this time - mostly through letters and Christmas cards, and now through facebook, but we haven't seen each other in person since I moved when I was 14. He is a news anchor in Las Vegas now, and as soon as I knew we were planning a trip there, I really wanted to get together with him.
We met up for lunch, and Chris was just as friendly and talkative as ever. I was so glad that he finally got a chance to meet Aaron. He said it was really strange to meet Gracie - meeting one of my kids when the last time we saw each other, we were kids ourselves. :) I am so grateful to still be friends with this great guy. We moved so much when I was kid that I lost touch with the vast majority of my childhood friends. I've reconnected with a few through facebook, which has been really cool, but Chris is the only one that I have stayed in touch with continuously. It's nice to have someone who I've kind of gotten to grow up with, even if it has been long distance.






1 comment:
Holy criminy! He looks EXACTLY the same. What a blast from the past!
Post a Comment