Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wheeler Farm

kids barn

I love Wheeler Farm! I used to work right down the street from it, so I hung out there a lot on my lunch hour. Now I get to take the kiddos there. And it's free! Love the free stuff. We were planning on going to the American West Heritage Center in Wellsville,but it was pricier than I thought, so - change of plans. We didn't realize that Wheeler had some sort of fair going on that day, so there was a bunch of extra stuff to see and do. The kids got to practice milking (using rubber gloves as the udders), learned to do laundry the old-fashioned way, and had a seed-spitting contest. And that was all in addition to the normal seeing the animals, hiking around, and playing in the water.

hayseed ethan
Hayseed Ethan

gracie wheeler

upside down Gracie

wheeler river
Little Cottonwood Creek

meg water
Right after I told the kids, "You can play in the water, but don't get soaked because I don't have extra clothes to change you in to. "

Pig in a swimming pool. Cause that's just funny.


Annie's reaction to getting soaked right after I told her not to. To be fair, none of them got soaked on purpose. I just don't have the most graceful children.

No comments: