Today, I let the kids get out all the art at about 9:30 this morning. Around 11, I told them to start cleaning up so we could have lunch. Ethan cleaned up his projects immediately. It is now 4pm, and the girls still haven't cleaned up the mess under the dining room table from the art. I have taken away television, video games, treats, playing with friends, outside time, and even leaving the dining room to do anything else until it is cleaned up. Nothing is working. In an attempt to show them I was serious, I went and bought Ethan a kids meal from McDonald's (a rare treat in this house), and let him eat it while the girls ate their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I also told them no snacks unless it gets cleaned up. If it isn't done by dinner, they can eat that and then go to bed I guess. I give up!
Oh, and I forgot to mention that while I was folding laundry, Meghan and Gracie went into the kitchen and ate half a stick of butter. Really. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment