Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Luke's Balloon Release

Luke's due date was May 20, 2010.  To honor his life, we did a balloon release at his grave.  We were so grateful for all the friends and family that joined us in remembering him.





balloon release 8
                                                                                                                                                      The weather had been bad all day - cloudy and rainy.  But it cleared up right before the release and stayed clear during it.

balloon release 16

balloon release 9

We wrote messages on some of the balloons and attached notes to some others.

balloon release 2

balloon release 1


Aaron's sister Suzanne was a little late for the release, so our kids released the 4 balloons that she brought.



We had to include a few Star Wars quotes.  After all, we did name our son Luke.






I was so happy at the amount of people who came.  There were family and friends and neighbors.  I even had one friend that I hadn't seen in 10 years come to support us.




It was quite a sight.



It was a really tough day, but I was happy that we did something to celebrate his short time on earth, and the fact that will all be together in heaven someday.  We love you, Luke!

1 comment:

Kari said...

It was really beautiful Kris I'm glad we could be there. My favorite picture is the Luke I am Your Father :) We had some balloons this weekend and one started to blow away and Will said, oh its ok its just going up to heaven :)