This is not the birthday party I imagined for my little boy. I should be trying to keep him out of everything, buying cute little boy outfits and toys, and celebrating one year of his adding to our family. I am celebrating one year of his adding to our family because even though he isn't physically in our home, he is there every day. In our hearts, in our minds, in our thoughts, in our prayers. I love you so much that I ache still every day. I hurt for what could have been, what should have been. I long for that sweet someday when we will be reunited, when we will be a complete family. Happy birthday, baby boy. You will never be forgotten.
We made cupcakes and brought them to his grave, along with some balloons. We sang Happy Birthday and left one for Luke. The others ate theirs at the cemetery.
My parents went up later in the day and left a Santa and another tree.
The kids helped us pick out this bear to leave as a birthday present.
This little boy is buried right next to Luke. When my mom got to the cemetery and saw that Luke had so much stuff and Oscar didn't have anything, she left this wreath on his grave instead.
Happy birthday in heaven, Luke. I can't believe it's been one year since I held you. We just miss you.

















1 comment:
Happy Birthday to Luke! It looks like your family truly honored him on his birthday. Hugs to you, Kris!
Post a Comment