Sunday, July 24, 2011

Backyard Camp Out

All, I love my camera most of the time, but I CANNOT figure out the nighttime settings.  So out of all the pictures I took of our backyard camping experience, this is the one that turned out okay.  I guess I need to check out my manual some more.  Any way, Aaron and I want to take the kids camping this summer, but after our experience a few summers ago (suffice it to say - it was bad), we wanted to try the backyard first.  Luckily, the kids did great.  So we are more likely to venture out and do some real camping this summer.

We bought a fire bowl, so we used that to cook hot dogs and roast marshmallows for s'mores.  And then we packed in to the tent for the night, where I realized that I am old, and therefore should not camp out without an air mattress.  I will not make that mistake again. I felt 80 the next day.  Now, I'm off to study my camera manual.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I should get Will used to camping that way. He loves it until we go to bed and then he wants to go home. I feel really old when I camp too. I remember as a kid never needing anything more than the sleeping bag, not so anymore!