I'm not a big believer in bribery as a parenting tool, with one major exception. Potty training. I will pretty much buy my kids a car if it will make them potty train quickly and without a huge hassle. Its worked so far. Although the bribes are getting smaller and smaller. I think we have less and less money with each kid, so even little things are a huge deal for them. The bribe of choice for Gracie was yellow suckers. I think I bought about 8 of them out of the bulk section at WinCo for a grand total of 40 cents. The deal was she had to stay dry for a week, and she could have a yellow sucker. I can't believe that worked, but it did. She potty trained in about 2 days, and a week later, she was dry at night, too. And I'm pretty sure there are still 5 suckers left in the pantry somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Can you work your magic on Ash now....PRETTY PLEASE?!
Oh my gosh. A sucker? I have bribed Alexis with everything! I even bought her this doll set and have been giving her one piece from it if she'll even stay dry for a day with the doll being the grand prize...needless to say I don't think she'll ever earn that doll. She's just too stubborn. Ugh...potty training! Good job Gracie!! She rocks!!
Post a Comment