We were very daring, and we took the kids to hike up Waterfall Canyon. Overall, I guess I would tentatively call it a success. Ethan and Annie made it with no problem. Ethan has hiked it before, so that didn't surprise me. Annie is very hit or miss, so you never know how she is going to be in situations like these, so it did surprise me a little bit that she did so well. Meghan did really well until about a quarter of the way from the top. She got pretty tired, and said she couldn't make it, but she did it. Gracie shocked the heck out of me. She made it all the way to the top walking by herself, in a cast no less. She needed help on some of the rocky parts, but, hey, so did I.
The view on the way up. The river was going crazy.
The waterfall had more water than I'd ever seen it have before. And I love the rainbow in the corner of this picture.
Love the rainbow in this one, too.
Oh., Meggie. She had a meltdown at the top. She was tired and hungry and just done. But she was a trooper on the way down.
Gracie fell sound asleep in the backpack on the way down.
On the way down, Meg asked Aaron, "Daddy, can we never do this again?" Ha ha ha ha ha!
Fun, but I think we'll wait a while for our next Waterfall Canyon adventure, and stick with the easier hikes. :)
1 comment:
i want to hike this but i know better than to take my kids at this point. i love the family picture and it's beautiful up there!
Post a Comment