Kennecott Copper Mine had a free admission day in July, so we went down to check it out. It was pretty cool. Alas, the children did not enjoy looking at a large hole in the ground quite as much as Aaron and I did, although they did enjoy the bus ride up quite a bit. The bus broke down on the way up, so they thought that was an adventure, while I was worrying about the emergency brake failing and us plunging to a fiery death in the aforementioned large hole in the ground.
I really was surprised at just how massive it was. Do you see those tiny trucks down there? Those are the ones that are bigger than my house and have 10-foot tall tires. Apparently, the mine is more than 2 Sears Towers tall.
Checking out copper in the Visitors Center
These are the tires I mentioned. Crazy!
1 comment:
Oh man. That place looks crazy.
Post a Comment